A List of Lists of Books.
I’m always trying to figure out what to read. How does one choose from the massive number of books available to read? Here are a few lists that are worth a gander:
- 100 Must Read Books: The Essential Man’s Library – The majority of works are fiction (Dostoevsky, Kafka, Huxley) with a fair smattering of philosophical works (Nietzsche, Kierkegaard), a few biographical, and various odds and ends.
- D.J. McAdam’s Books You Must Read – A fairly standard list of works one must read.
- Ten Must Read Books about Mathematics (Antonio Cangiano) – No, this list isn’t just for math heads.
- Best History Books (GoodReads) – A crowd-sourced list of history books. A lot of good entries here.
- Best Memoir / Biography / Auto-biography (GoodReads) – An extensive, crowd-sourced list. Some gems but a lot of blahh, blahh as well.
- The Modern Library: 100 Best Nonfiction (TheGreatestBooks).
- Pulitzer Prize for History (TheGreatestBooks).
- Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography (TheGreatestBooks).
- National Book Award – Nonfiction (TheGreatestBooks).
- 50 Greatest Books of All Time: Globe and Mail (TheGreatestBooks).
- 110 Best Books: The Telegraph (TheGreatestBooks).
- 100 Most Influential Books of the Century: Boston Public Library (TheGreatestBooks).