Post Published on April 8, 2011.
Last Updated on April 24, 2016 by davemackey.
I’m always trying to figure out what to read. How does one choose from the massive number of books available to read? Here are a few lists that are worth a gander:
- 100 Must Read Books: The Essential Man’s Library – The majority of works are fiction (Dostoevsky, Kafka, Huxley) with a fair smattering of philosophical works (Nietzsche, Kierkegaard), a few biographical, and various odds and ends.
- D.J. McAdam’s Books You Must Read – A fairly standard list of works one must read.
- Ten Must Read Books about Mathematics (Antonio Cangiano) – No, this list isn’t just for math heads.
- Best History Books (GoodReads) – A crowd-sourced list of history books. A lot of good entries here.
- Best Memoir / Biography / Auto-biography (GoodReads) – An extensive, crowd-sourced list. Some gems but a lot of blahh, blahh as well.
- The Modern Library: 100 Best Nonfiction (TheGreatestBooks).
- Pulitzer Prize for History (TheGreatestBooks).
- Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography (TheGreatestBooks).
- National Book Award – Nonfiction (TheGreatestBooks).
- 50 Greatest Books of All Time: Globe and Mail (TheGreatestBooks).
- 110 Best Books: The Telegraph (TheGreatestBooks).
- 100 Most Influential Books of the Century: Boston Public Library (TheGreatestBooks).
1 thought on “A List of Lists of Books.”