Yesterday was a big Apple News day…I figured I’d share all the articles I read that were worth the time in a roundup here. Let me know if I missed any really great articles and enjoy!
- The 4 Most Delightful Things in iOS 6 (Erica Ogg, GigaOm) – Covers PassBook (for travelers), transit apps, attach photos to email, and do not disturb.
- Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em, These Are The Top Five Features of iOS 6 (Jordan Cook, TechCrunch) – Covers updates to the phone app, rewritten maps, native facebook integration, siri updates, and the addition of passbook.
- New Features in iOS 6 Make These Apps Obsolete (Andrea Smith, Mashable) – Covers applications that will lose importance due to their functionality being replicated natively by Apple in iOS 6 including Tripit (Passbook), Google Maps (Apple Maps), Instapaper, Tango (FaceTime), and Growl.
- WWDC: The Key Details from Today’s Apple Event (Andrew James, Pando Daily) – Great summary using bullets of Apple’s announcements today regarding MacBooks, OSX Mountain Lion, and iOS 6.
- Apple Just Entered — And Quite Possibly Killed — Another Market (Adrian Kingsley-Hughes, ZDNet) – Adrian suggests that Apple’s inclusion of turn-by-turn GPS navigation in iOS 6 means the death of stand-alone GPS manufacturers like TomTom and Garmin.
- Apple is the New Compaq (Joe Wilcox, BetaNews) – Joe thinks that Apple is the new Compaq – and that isn’t a compliment!
- Retina MacBook Pro: The Laptop from the Future [Review] (Peter Pachal, Mashable) – A glowing review of a new powerhouse laptop from Apple.
- Apple’s New MacBook Pro is the Best Laptop You Can Buy – But You Probably Shouldn’t Buy One (Fredric Paul) – Paul suggests that the price outweighs the benefits for most consumers when it comes to the MacBook Pro – not that it isn’t worth every penny, but that the average consumer won’t make use of all that functionality.