Post Published on October 29, 2010.
Last Updated on November 29, 2017 by davemackey.
What should I write about today? Hmmm…Maybe I’ll just hand out a list of some of my favorite places to read. Yes, this might be shooting myself in the foot b/c many of these sources are much better than I – but here ya go anyways:
- The Art of Manliness – A general guide to being a man. My favorites are posts that encourage the acquisition of manly knowledge – e.g. a basic understanding of the arts, significant literature, etc..
- Zeology – A blog by that nifty company that makes the Zeo – a device that tracks and analyzes your sleeping patterns.
- Lifehacker – Short articles covering just about everything related to life – with a slight techie focus.
- MintLife – A blog by the company behind Mint – but focuses largely on beautiful infographics that provide insight into various aspects of our economy and society.
- Dave Burke – A nice guy who writes a pretty sweet framework called Sueetie in .NET.
- DownloadSquad – Ummm…they cover stuff, with a bit more of a tech. focus but pretty consumer oriented.
- Google Public Policy – Google provides opinion on areas we usually don’t like companies providing an opinion.
- Mashable – They cover web-stuff mainly, slight techie focus, mainly consumer.
- TechCrunch – Covers the world of web startups, sometimes a little too much of the soap opera’s, but Arrington still holds the niche.
- cnet news – A surprisingly robust source of diverse news mainly centering around technology.
- ZDNet Healthcare (Dana Blankenhorn) – Dana is a great resources for keeping tabs on what is happening with IT and healthcare.
- BetaNews – Wait…BetaNews does news? And its really usually in-depth and high quality? Sweet.
Tell me – what must read sources am I missing? I have several dozen other feeds I subscribe to but these are consistently my favorites.
2 thoughts on “Favorite Blogs.”
The real question is why my blog isn’t on that list.
The real question is why my blog is on that list.
Thanks so much, Dave! (Sorry Andrew. 🙂