Post Published on October 17, 2015.
Last Updated on April 23, 2016 by davemackey.
Occasionally folks reach out to me with a product or service they would like for me to review – Fluidstance was one of said companies. They told me they were shipping me The Level so I could put it through its paces. I eagerly anticipated its arrival…and I waited for it…and I waited some more.
As time passed I figured they must have decided not to send me The Level after all…maybe they decided my blog wasn’t getting enough traffic, maybe they had run out of units to send out to bloggers. I was giving up hope.
Then I received a followup email asking how things were going with The Level. I was confused. Wait, you sent me The Level? When? FedEx delivery confirmation shows that the package was successfully left on my doorstep nearly a month ago. Gahh!
This is the first time I have ever had mail stolen off my front porch (at least that I am aware of) and it sucks. I was really looking forward to giving The Level a try.
I find my knees begin to hurt after a period of standing at my desk and I have to revert to sitting and I hoped that using The Level might allow me to spend longer periods at a time standing.
So, it sucks for me, but it also sucks for Fluidstance, since they sent me a moderately expensive product for review and I can’t review it because someone stole it.
As a poor substitute, I’ve compiled some resources together below to help those who are interested in learning more about The Level do so.
- Drew Prindle writes a positive review for Digital Trends entitled “Hands On: Fluidstance Original Level” (April, 2015).
- Bogar Alonso writes a positive review for psfkUNFILTERED entitled “Running PSFK.com, Hovering Three Inches Off Ground, Elevated My Workflow” (March, 2015).
- Jonah H. Liu writes a positive review on GeekDad entitled, “Level Up Your Standing Desk With FluidStance” (August, 2015).
- Ben Brooks writes a positive review over on The Brooks Review entitled, “The FluidStance Level” (August, 2015).
- Brent Ozark writes a positive review entitled “FluidStance Level Review: Fun Standing Desk Add-On” (October, 2015).
- Erick Flowers wrote a positive review entitled, “Fluidstance Level Balance Board Review” (September, 2015).
- Luigi Benetton has written a positive review entitled “Review: Fluidstance Level” (June, 2015).
- Scott Wyden Kivowitz wrote a positive review entitled “Increasing Productivity With Movement – Fluidstance Level Review” (September, 2015).
- Michael Larsen wrote a positive review entitled, “Product Review: #FluidStance #Level” (August, 2015).
- A positive review (no author mentioned) is over on GearMinded entitled simply, “Fluidstance Level” (May, 2015).
Gahhh! I just went through the first forty results in Google for “fluidstance” to garner the above reviews and now I am even more disappointed than before. Without exception, every one of the reviews I found in those first forty results where positive!
“But Dave, you should have Google ‘fluidstance review’, that would have given you better results.” You are so right, so I did and found the following:
- Men’s Fitness: Positive.
- The Next Web (Napier Lopez): Positive.
- dPop Culture (Martin Michalek): Positive.
- GearJunkie (Stephen Regenold): Qualified Positive.
- Wired (Michael Calore): Positive.
Well, no, those additional reviews don’t make me feel any better about having mine stolen before I ever laid eyes on it.