Some people are going to be up in arms over this list – because it isn’t truly a PaaS (platform as a service) list. I’m sure some noticeable entries are missing and some non-noticeable entries are present. The order is random. I’ve just been evaluating PaaS solutions and figured I’d post most of what I’ve found thus far. I had a hard time finding any good lists – so perhaps this will ease someone else’s research. I’d love to hear what PaaS solutions I am missing!
- WaveMaker – Build rich internet applications (RIA) using a WYSIWYG interface. Community edition is open source. Creates Java applications. Wikipedia Article.
Visual Web GUI– Build RIA’s using visual development interface. There is a free/open source express edition with regular pricing beginning slightly under $350 for a license. Creates .NET applications. Can deploy to Windows Azure.
- SalesForce – The Force platform is the defacto standard PaaS. Significant free offering included with up to 100 users, etc. Also, free licenses for non-profits with majority price discount on additional licenses.
- nuBuilder – A open source project that allows for rapid development of web database applications. Wikipedia Article.
BungeeConnect– Uses an Eclipse-based IDE.
- Web Fuser (Inuvia Technologies) – IDE and hosting. Hosting starts at $20/mo.
- WinDev – Free lite IDE for rapid development of JAVA/.NET applications. Wikipedia Article.
Wolf Frameworks– Has a free starter plan (2 users, 100 MB storage, unlimited apps/entries). Wikipedia Article. LongJump– Pricing starts at $30/user/mo.
- WorkXpress – No pricing, thirty-day free trial. Does offer the ability to host with them, a third party, or your own. Claims to require no programming.
SpringBase– Fairly impressive free account for those looking to create a small database application. Appears they no longer offer a free trial. Pricing starts at $99/year.
- TrackVia – Pricing is expensive ($249/mo., starts at $99/mo.). Online database platform
- DBstract – Offers free accounts and low-cost premium accounts ($20/mo.) for creating database applications/hosting.
- Caspio – Starts at $40/mo. Claims to require no programming. Wikipedia Article.
- Zoho – Free account for up to two users, $5/ea./mo. additional users.
Hyrdo4GE– Still in closed beta.
- HyperBase – Part of HyperOffice. (thanks: Jean Churchill).
- MyTaskHelper – UI is pretty basic, but it is free.