News Summary for April 6, 2013
- Ed Stetzer. Please Join Me in Praying for Rick and Kay Warren on This Sad Day.
- Rick and Kay Warren’s (Saddleback Church) son Matthew committed suicide after a lifelong struggle with mental illness. This is important as the Warren’s and Matthew’s friends must be suffering terribly and our thoughts and prayers should go with them – and b/c it highlights the ongoing ravages of mental illness in this world.
- Gregory Ferenstein. California Court Bans Checking Smartphone Maps While Driving. TechCrunch.
- Not only maps, but GPS generally. This is a bit disconcerting – though I hope this will result in more readily available car mounts for smartphones, as I do think that when they are mounted they are less of a distraction.
- Todd Anglin. How to Free HTML5 From the Browser with Packaged Apps. VentureBeat.
- Nifty, but this still needs to get a lot simpler. Google, especially, should work on simplifying their packaged apps.
- ABC News. Six Americans Killed in Afghanistan in Separate Attacks. Yahoo! News.
- Dominic Evans. Air Strike Kills 15 in Aleppo, Assad Warns of Regional Turmoil. Yahoo! News.