- Dr. Mehmet Oz – Co-author of YOU: The Owner’s Manual, has own television show on broadcast television.
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman – Author of Eat to Live, Fuhrman graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, is a family physician, and focuses on nutritional methods for improving health. He founded and runs the Center for Nutritional Health out of Flemington, NJ.
- Dr. Mark Hyman – Wrote UltraWellness and UltraMind.
- Dr. Daniel Amen – Focuses on brain health, runs the Amen clinics. Books include Change Your Brain, Change Your Body.
- Fasting Blood Sugar.
- Total Cholesterol.
- LDL Cholesterol.
|Vitamin A||7500 IU||3500 IU||One a Day Men’s.|
|Vitamin C||750 mg||60 mg / 36 mg||One a Day Men’s / coromega omega3+D squeeze.|
|Vitamin D (as D3)||2000 IU(5)||700 IU / 3000 IU / 400 IU||One a Day Men’s / coromega omega3+D squeeze.(2) / NOW Liquid Vitamin D-3.(6)|
|Vitamin E||400 IU||22.5 IU / 9 IU||One a Day Men’s / coromega omega3+D squeeze.|
|Vitamin K||20 mcg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Thiamin (B1)||50 mg||1.2 mg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Riboflavin (B2)||25 mg||1.7 mg / 1.7 mg||One a Day Men’s / GNC Liquid B-Complex.|
|Niacin (B3)||100 mg||16 mg||One a Day Men’s / GNC Liquid B-Complex.|
|Vitamin B6||25 mg||3 mg / 2 mg||One a Day Men’s / GNC Liquid B-Complex.|
|Folate||800 mcg||400 mcg||One a Day Men’s.(8)|
|Vitamin B12||200 mcg||18 mcg / 1,000 mcg||One a Day Men’s / GNC Liquid B-Complex.|
|Biotin||300 mcg||30 mcg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Pantothenic Acid||150 mg||5 mg / 30 mg||One a Day Men’s / GNC Liquid B-Complex.|
|Calcium (elemental)||250 mg||210 mg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Iron||0 mg||0 mg|
|Magnesium||250 mg||120 mg / 250 mg||One a Day Men’s / PharmAssure Magnesium Dietary Supplement.|
|Zinc||15 mg||15 mg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Selenium||200 mcg||110 mcg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Copper||2 mg||2 mg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Manganese||10 mg||2 mg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Chromium||200 mcg||120 mcg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Lycopene||300 mcg||One a Day Men’s.|
|Folate (as Metafolin)||800 mcg||400 mcg||Solgar Folate 400 MCG.|
|Fish Oil (as EPA)||600 mg(5)||1050 mg||Coromega omega3+D squeeze.(3)|
|Fish Oil (as DHA)||400 mg(5)||690 mg||Coromega omega3+D squeeze.(3)|
|Para-Aminobenzoic Acid||50 mg|
|Citrus Bioflavonoids||100 mg|
|Probiotic Blend||180 mg|
|Evening Primrose Oil||1300 mg||Big Bear Natural Foods Evening Primrose Oil.(7)|
1. Initially I am using the Essentials Kit for Men recommendation from Dr. Mark Hyman’s website. Later I may add other individuals or official daily recommendations.
2. I take significantly higher levels of supplementation for Vitamin D due to chronic low D levels. This appears to run in the family – as at least one other sibling requires similar supplementation. I also take higher doses b/c it is included in my Coromega Omega-3 supplement.
3. Dr. Robert Wallace, a functional medical doctor, recommended I take 3000 mg of fish oil b/c of my OCD. I began this regiment on 6/20/12.
4. In the Essentials Kit for Men the multivitamin contains 1000 IU but then there is a separate Vitamin D with 1000 IU, for a total of 2000 IU.
5. Again, this is a separate supplement from the multivitamin.
6. This is a separate supplement due to the fact that my most recent blood tests still show me as low on Vitamin D.
7. This is used as an anti-inflammatory, something I’m having a lot of issues with right now. It is a “natural” alternative to steroids and NSAIDs, though I am also on both of these as well.
8. Folate, or folic acid is recommended as a natural treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS).