- Wendy’s Berry Almond Chicken Salad – It does pack a whopping 1100 mg of sodium and has 0.5 g of those nasty trans fatty acids…but still, its a step up the food chain with 7 g dietary fiber, 38 g protein, 80% Vitamin A, 70% Vitamin C, 30% Calcium, and 15% Iron. Ingredients include iceberg, romaine, and spring mix, blueberries, strawberries, chicken fillet, roasted almonds, and a fat free raspberry vinaigrette.
- Drop the chicken fillet and you’ll lose 470 mg of sodium, drop the vinaigrette and you’ll lose another 320 mg.
- I think it was around $6 for my full salad.
- I’d like to see Wendy’s offer a healthier salad dressing – the vinaigrette’s first ingredient should not be sugar!
- McDonald’s Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken – 22 g of protein, 850 mg sodium, 3 g dietary fiber, 150% Vitamin A, 6% Calcium, 10% Iron, 15% Vitamin C.
- My mix includes dropping the grape tomatoes and shredded parmesan cheese and adding a low fat balsamic vinaigrette.
- Panera Bread’s Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad – 970 mg of sodium, 3 g of dietary fiber, 34 g of protein, 60% Vitamin A, 45% Vitamin C, 15% Calcium, 15% Iron.
- I again removed parmesan cheese from mine.