Post Published on March 7, 2013.
Last Updated on April 3, 2016 by davemackey.
Freelancing and self-employment seem to be growing in popularity and with them come an increasing need for invoicing software. At one juncture I was researching my options and compiled a list – figured I’d share it for anyone else out there looking into invoicing options as well.
I don’t do a ton of invoicing – but I do use Freshbooks. I’m currently on their free plan, which has been adequate. I wish they had more tiers or lower prices or something, as I would like to move up but can’t really justify the price yet. I’ve been using Freshbooks for a number of years now and it is reliable and intuitive.
- Freshbooks – This is the service I use. I probably stay with them b/c (a) they have a decent feature set, (b) all my data is in their system, (c) I haven’t needed to purchase a premium plan.
- invoicedude – Offers hosted and self-hosted options. It is free for hosted. This was one of the ones that was more attractive to me.
- Cashboard – Has a free plan and then a premium plan ($15/mo.).
- Simple Invoices – A free, open source, self-hosted solution.
- CurdBee – This was another interesting option. It has a generous free option, then jumps up to $5/mo. for pro with even more features.
- Invoiceable – Entirely free, based out of somewhere in the European Union.
- Blinksale – $15/mo.
- Invoice RA – Starts at $20/mo.
- Zoho Invoice – Zoho has a whole suite of productivity web apps. Has a free plan and then moves to $15/mo.
- WP-Invoice – Another interesting option, self-hosted, uses WordPress, free.