This used to be a big list of books I wanted…but I’ve eliminated the majority of my library and am trying hard not to build it up again – except with volumes I really, really, really want. So, I’ve emptied this list and will be starting over…slowly.
- Stephen R.C. Hicks. Explaining Postmodernism: Skepticism and Socialism from Rousseau to Foucault (Expanded Edition).
- Henry Cloud. The Power of the Other. – On how others influence us.
- Irvin D. Yalom. Existential Psychotherapy. – Not the origin of the school of therapy but rather an attempt to systematize it.
- Judith S. Beck. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Second Edition: Basics and Beyond.
- Jonathan Haidt. The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion.
- Larissa MacFarquhar. Strangers Drowning: Grappling with Impossible Idealism, Drastic Choices, and the Overpowering Urge to Help.
- Sidney Rosen. My Voice Will Go with You: The Teaching Tales of Milton H. Erickson.
- Thomas Oden. A Change of Heart: A Personal and Theological Memoir. – I’ve really enjoyed reading some of Oden’s work and look forward to reading much more.
- Gregory A. Boyd, Paul Rhodes Eddy. Across the Spectrum: Understanding Issues in Evangelical Theology.
- Stephen Prothero. God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World.
- Thomas C. Oden. Classic Christianity: A Systematic Theology.
- Alister McGrath. A Brief History of Heaven.
- Gustaf Aulen. Christus Victor: An Historical Study of the Three Main Types of the Idea of Atonement.
- J. Edward Wright. The Early History of Heaven.
- Michael Wheeler. Death and the Future Life in Victorian Literature and Theology.
- Gregg Allison. Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine.
- Bryan Litfin. Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction.
- Everett Ferguson. Early Christians Speak: Faith in Life in the First Three Centuries.
- Everett Ferguson. Backgrounds of Early Christianity.
- Gerald L. Bray. Biblical Interpretation: Past & Present.
- David T. Lamb. God Behaving Badly: Is the God of the Old Testament Angry, Sexist and Racist?
- Paul Copan. Is God a Moral Monster? Making Sense of the Old Testament God.
- Norman L. Geisler. If God, Why Evil?: A New Way to Think About the Question.
- David J. Neville. A Peaceable Hope: Contesting Violent Eschatology in New Testament Narratives.
- D. Brent Sandy. Plowshares & Pruning Hooks: Rethinking the Language of Biblical Prophecy & Apocalyptic.
- George Eldon Ladd. A Theology of the New Testament.
- Logos’ Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary (6 Vols.).
- Logos’ Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament (HALOT).
- Logos’ A Greek-English of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BDAG).
- Karen Jobes. Discovering the Septuagint: A Guided Reader.